Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Week 41 - Week of October 7, 2018


                               

 


                
Click here for this week's playlist on YouTube



Falling off the charts this week:

     35 Peter Wilson & Sean Smith -- Verona (8 wks)

     40 Antonio Navarro -- Kharma Dharma (4 wks)

     41 Kerstin Ott -- Regenbogenfarben (4 wks)

     44 Vini Uehara -- Perigo (5 wks)

     45 Ryan Beatty -- Party's Over (4 wks)

     47 Grace Petrie -- Black Tie (4 wks)

     48 Bright Light Bright Light -- How I Feel (4 wks)



This week's Top 50:

     01 (02) Calvin Harris & Sam Smith -- Promises (8 wks)

     02 (03) Allen King & Amor Romeria -- My Boy (5 wks)

     03 (06) Troye Sivan & Ariana Grande -- Dance To This (17 wks)

     04 (09) Years and Years -- All For You (14 wks)

     05 (12) Panic! At The Disco -- High Hopes (6 wks)

     06 (01) Sam Bluer -- Body High (10 wks)

     07 (10) Years and Years -- If You're Over Me (22 wks)

     08 (13) The 1975 -- TooTimeTooTimeTooTime (5 wks)

     09 (08) Troye Sivan -- Animal  (8 wks)

     10 (16) Pink -- Secrets (11 wks)

     11 (05) Reigen -- Ride (6 wks)

     12 (22) LSD (Labrinth, Sia, & Diplo) -- Thunderclouds (6 wks)

     13 (04) Nacha La Macha -- Eres Cobarde (13 wks)

     14 (07) Javiera Mena -- Espejo (5 wks)

     15 (11) Tiago Braga -- Ilusão (21 wks)

     16 (15) Sandro Cavazza & P3GI-13 -- High With Somebody (17 wks)

     17 (19) Gia Gunn & Alaska Thunderfuck -- La China Mas Latina (5 wks)

     18 (23) The Struts & Kesha -- Body Talks (6 wks)

     19 (14) Bayli -- Out For Love (5 wks)

     20 (21) Greyson Chance -- Good As Gold (6 wks)

     21 (20) Monet X Change & Bob the Drag Queen -- Soak It Up (19 wks)

     22 (17) Ryan Dolan -- In My Blood (5 wks)

     23 (18) Big Dipper -- Thiccness (5 wks)

     24 (31) LP -- Girls Go Wild (6 wks)

     25 (29) Sofi Tukker & Pabllo Vittar -- Energia (Parte 2) (3 wks)

     26 (24) Blonde & Bryn Christopher -- Me, Myself, and I (13 wks)

     27 (25) Frankie, Scott Hoying, & One Night -- Ghost (17 wks)

     28 (26) Troye Sivan -- Plum (5 wks)

     29 (30) Lizzo -- Boys (14 wks)

     30 (28) Rina Sawayama -- Cherry (3 wks)

     31 (32) Troye Sivan & Gordi -- Postcard (3 wks)

     32 (33) Patrick Starrr -- Don't (3 wks)

     33 (27) Lucy & La Mer -- Got That Thing (3 wks)

     34 (38) Davi -- Tenho Você (7 wks)

     35 (49) Loboda -- SuperStar (6 wks)

     36 (Re-Entry) Maroon 5 & Cardi B -- Girls Like You (3 wks)

     37 (37) The Tripletz -- You Better Fucking Dance (8 wks)

     38 (Re-Entry) Imagine Dragons -- Natural (3 wks)

     39 (50) Robyn -- Missing U (2 wks)

     40 (Re-Entry) -- Pabllo Vittar -- Problema Seu (3 wks)

     41 (34) Not.Your.Regular.Boy. -- Get Down Make Love (15 wks)

     42 (42) The Internet -- Come Over (5 wks)

     43 (46) Esteman -- Noche Sensorial (3 wks)

     44 (Re-Entry) Cher -- S.O.S. (3 wks)

     45 (Re-Entry) Cher -- Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) (7 wks)

     46 (New) Domo Wilson -- In Love With You  (1 wk)

     47 (Re-Entry) Norazo -- Cider (2 wks)

     48 (39) Dani Ride -- No Existe Nada (2 wks)

     49 (36) Laganja Estranja & J. Tyler -- Look At Me (5 wks)

     50 (43) Adore Delano -- 27 Club (15 wks)

3 comments:

  1. Hi.
    I'm Bill Stella, I used to vote at GayMusic Chart. I've finally started checking out your blog, starting a month ago. Now I'm going back to the start. And I have a question. (Questions, actually, but let me start with just one.)
    I sincerely love The 1975.
    But I'm baffled why they're included here. Has someone in the band come out when I wasn't looking? I get that Healy and the band are allies, but, I dunno, so many musicians are. A quick Google search finds a few prominent statements and contributions, but I've heard and seen similar from everyone from Gloria Estefan to The Bouncing Souls. I can respect their careers or enjoy their music but not see them as belonging on a Gay music chart, yes?
    Fill me in, if there's some other reason for including that video. (The video itself isn't about Q folk either.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill! I agree with you. I included them here back in October 2018, because at the time they were featured on other gay charts. Since then I have gotten more strict about not including "allies" in the chart unless there is some LGBT content in the lyrics or in the video. You could also say the same about Cher or Robyn, who were on the chart this same week. In the past few months, I've come to realize that including too many allies is just taking spots away from LGBT artists, so I now try to limit it. And of course, sometimes I just make mistakes so I appreciate it when people point out errors.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your genuine and honest reply, sir. :D
      I don't include her myself, but I understand the lists that include Cher for (reasons go here, lol).
      Robyn I actually have included in my OutGayMusic YouTube playlists, based on a vague memory that she bisexually outed herself a decade ago, but I might be confused and wrong about that.
      So I do understand that it's a judgment call. I did mean what I asked, and wondered if I'd missed something that hadn't shown up in a quick Google search. (Not pointing out errors)
      Not to make more work for you, but in addition to my Best Gay Music playlists, for fun I sometimes pop videos into More Great Music playlists. I literally was the last person out of over 2 Billion views to see today for the first time that Maroon 5 video in your chart, and I popped that (and The 1975) into More Great Music 2018 - 3. (It's simpler than charting. And my opinion alone.)
      Thanks again,
      Bill

      Delete