Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Midweek Music Update

 for 1st May, 2019


                                                                                                                    
For the months of April and May 2019, I'm experimenting with a few new ideas to improve this site and make it even better. One of my ideas is to have twice-weekly updates. I'll continue to post the Top 50 chart & playlist every weekend, as usual. In addition, I'll publish a Midweek Music Update (likely on Wednesdays) to give you a "sneak peek" at some new music that hasn't made my chart yet.


Hot New Track:
In this section, I'll post one track that is certain to make my chart & playlist next weekend (based on the total number of points it's earned so far). This week's Hot New Track is "Buzina" by Brazilian drag queen Pabllo Vittar. As I write this, the video has 12,308,664 views on YouTube.



Fresh New Releases:
In this section, I'll post two or three videos that are likely to enter my chart in the near future (based on YouTube views alone). All of the songs in this section will be relatively recent (i.e., released in the last month or so). Because they are so new, it might take an additional 2-3 weeks to make their way onto my chart.

The first Fresh New Release this week is "Older" by American actor/singer Ben Platt. This will be Ben's second video to reach the Top 50 on my countdown. The video currently has 559,081 views on YouTube.



The second Fresh New Release this week is "Bisexual Anthem" by American rapper Domo Wilson. The clip has 1,789,181 views on YouTube.




That's it for another Midweek Music Update. Make sure to come back on Saturday or Sunday for the latest Top 50 chart & playlist. Until then, I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment