Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Midweek Music Update

 for 17th April, 2019

                                                                                                                        
For the month of April 2019, I'm experimenting with a few new ideas to improve this site and make it even better. One of my ideas is to have twice-weekly updates. I'll continue to post the Top 50 chart & playlist every weekend, as usual. In addition, I'll publish a Midweek Music Update (likely on Wednesdays) to give you a "sneak peek" at some new music that hasn't made my chart yet.


Hot New Track:
In this section, I'll post one track that is certain to make my chart & playlist next weekend (based on the total points it's earned so far). This week's Hot New Track is "Stay Together" by American singer Jordy. As I write this, the video has 7,451 views on YouTube.



Fresh New Releases:
In this section, I'll post two or three videos that are likely to enter my chart in the near future (based on YouTube views alone). All of the songs in this section will be relatively recent (i.e., released in the last month or so). Because they are so new, it might take 2-3 weeks for them to make their way onto my chart.

The first Fresh New Release this week is "Siren Song" by Ukrainian singer Maruv. She was selected to represent Ukraine at this year's Eurovision contest, but then decided to withdraw from the competition because of the "fine print" in the contract. The video currently has 4,225,557 views on YouTube.


The second Fresh New Release this week is "Insomnia" by American singer Daya. This is the first single she's released since coming out as bisexual in late 2018. The video has 3,150,917 views on YouTube.


The third and final Fresh New Release this week is "I Do" by Dutch duo Zonderling & Swedish singer Andreas Moss. Zonderling is not an LGBT artist, but Andreas Moss is openly gay. The clip has 156,258 views on YouTube.



That's it for another Midweek Music Update. Make sure to come back on Saturday or Sunday for the latest Top 50 chart & playlist. Until then, I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment