Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Midweek Music Update

 for 24th April, 2019
                                                                                                                                
For the month of April 2019, I'm experimenting with a few new ideas to improve this site and make it even better. One of my ideas is to have twice-weekly updates. I'll continue to post the Top 50 chart & playlist every weekend, as usual. In addition, I'll publish a Midweek Music Update (likely on Wednesday) to give you a "sneak peek" at some new music that hasn't made my chart yet.


Hot New Track:
   In this section, I'll post one track that is certain to make my chart and playlist next weekend (based on the points it's earned so far). This week's Hot New Track is "Last Hurrah" by American singer Bebe Rexha. Bebe came out as bisexual in 2018. As I write this, the video has 44,452,243 views on YouTube.



Fresh New Releases:
   In this section, I'll post two or three videos that are likely to enter my chart in the near future (based on YouTube views alone). All of the songs in this section will be relatively recent (i.e., released in the past month or so). Because they are so new, it might take an additional 2-3 weeks to make their way onto the chart.

   The first Fresh New Release this week is "I've Been Waiting", which is a collaboration from three American acts: Lil Peep, ILoveMakonnen, and Fall Out Boy. Shortly before his death in 2017, Lil Peep came out as bisexual. ILoveMakonnen is also an LGBT artist (he's openly gay). The video currently has 3.942.504 views on YouTube.


   The second Fresh New Release this week is "When It Rains It Pours" by German band Tokio Hotel. The clip has 471,096 views on YouTube.



   I've received very little feedback about the Midweek Music Update this month, but it appears to be popular because the number of visitors to this page has increased considerably. I'll continue to publish them the same way throughout the month of May, and see how it goes. As always, any comments and/or suggestions are welcomed.

   Also in May, I'll be experimenting with a few other ideas to improve the site. They're mainly "behind the scenes" however, so they won't be readily apparent. For instance, I'll be tinkering a bit with the formulas I use to tabulate the chart each week, in order to weight the scores differently. The way that each week's new debuts are chosen is getting a revamp too, with more emphasis on clips that show big increases in their YouTube views from one week to the next.

  That's it for another Midweek Music Update. Make sure to come back on Saturday or Sunday for the latest Top 50 chart & playlist. Until then, I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment